[Openfontlibrary] Greek Font Society

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Jan 26 16:04:33 PST 2007

On 26/01/07, Gustavo Ferreira <grilo at centroin.com.br> wrote:

> i've met michail semoglou and natasha raissaki in helsinki,
> both studied type-design in reading.

The Reading Mafia :-)

> i'll mail michail for the background story, i'm curious too...  :-)

Yes, I've emailed their gfs@ address earlier today. Hopefully we'll
see them contribute to this community! :-)

> i was comparing the GFS fonts with the open font library's current catalogue.

The OFLB is at a very early stage. No one is really working on it.
Clearly the GFS is a much more mature project.

Their OFL fonts will surely appear in the OFLB catalogue, though.

The GFS site graphic design is nice. The OFLB is using the ccHost
website management system, which has a default theme defining its
graphic design at the moment. There is no reason it can't have just as
good a graphic design, other than no one putting in the effort to
start it.

The first thing is to get the OFL working with the ccHost system. The
second job is to do the graphic design, and this starts with the logo.
I was confused about the process of a logo competition, and am not
sure whats happening with that. I'll post about this shortly.

> btw the site is down.

Which site? GFS and OFLB seem up to me at the moment? :-)