[Openfontlibrary] Greek Font Society

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Jan 26 20:31:08 PST 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 00:04 +0000, Dave Crossland wrote:
> On 26/01/07, Gustavo Ferreira <grilo at centroin.com.br> wrote:
> >
> > i've met michail semoglou and natasha raissaki in helsinki,
> > both studied type-design in reading.
>
> The Reading Mafia :-)
>
> > i'll mail michail for the background story, i'm curious too...  :-)
>
> Yes, I've emailed their gfs@ address earlier today. Hopefully we'll
> see them contribute to this community! :-)

Yes, this is a good approach.

> > i was comparing the GFS fonts with the open font library's current catalogue.
>
> The OFLB is at a very early stage. No one is really working on it.
> Clearly the GFS is a much more mature project.

Well, we here are working on it, just slowly ;)

> Their OFL fonts will surely appear in the OFLB catalogue, though.

hopefully

> The GFS site graphic design is nice. The OFLB is using the ccHost
> website management system, which has a default theme defining its
> graphic design at the moment. There is no reason it can't have just as
> good a graphic design, other than no one putting in the effort to
> start it.
>
> The first thing is to get the OFL working with the ccHost system. The
> second job is to do the graphic design, and this starts with the logo.
> I was confused about the process of a logo competition, and am not
> sure whats happening with that. I'll post about this shortly.

Right, well, the system accepts fonts, there just needs to be more
active contributors and by contributors I mean both font creators and
good ole software developers to help create the infrastructure.

> > btw the site is down.
>
> Which site? GFS and OFLB seem up to me at the moment? :-)

Yes, they are both up...must have been an earthquake...

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org