[Openfontlibrary] Planet open fonts now set up

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Thu Jul 17 05:10:02 PDT 2008

Pierre Marchand wrote:
> Vous (Nicolas Spalinger) avez écrit :
>> The design and description blurbs could probably use some improvement
>> but it's a start. I'm pretty sure you can suggest other useful feeds or
>> community links so please take a look and send your feedback :-)
>
> After ~1 week of use I find SVN commit messages a bit boring. So I would find
> really cool if they were somehow compiled on a week basis in a unique post.
>
> my 2 cents

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the feedback. Although I find it quite useful to see the big
activity in the repositories, you're probably right we need to look for
a better solution to display the commit messages. Some kind of regular
digest, or even a subplanet... there are javascript hide&seek tricks in
the display to try as well.

So I've now dropped the undertype feeds (and the dejavu svn feeds as Ben
Laenen also preferred real blog posts to be more prominent on the
planet) and I'll try to come up with something better over the next few
weeks. (I've left in the Debian fonts team commits for now but they also
need work).

Again, if anyone has more suggestions or other open-font-y feeds they
would like to add, please do so.

Nicolas Spalinger
http://scripts.sil.org
http://pkg-fonts.alioth.debian.org/