[Openfontlibrary] LGM?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sat May 24 00:26:10 PDT 2008

Le Sam 24 mai 2008 01:09, Jon Phillips a écrit :
> On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 14:28 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>> Le Mar 20 mai 2008 23:49, Nicolas Spalinger a écrit :
>>
>> > As for packaging the distro font teams are already taking care of
>> > that,
>> > IMHO what the OFLB community need to do now is have clear
>> guidelines
>> > for
>> > contributors and review/clarify the current uploads according to
>> these
>> > guidelines.
>>
>> I think that as of packaging there is still the problem of:
>> 1. helping OFLB publish fonts in an easy-to-package state
>
> What options are there? I would say just tarball...

Versionned tarball with up-to-date sfd sources, clean detached license
file, working makefile with standard targets, etc.

That may seem little but that's the whole difference between stuff no
one wants to touch and stuff that ends in distributions quickly. I
didn't package edrip as soon as it was announced because of its name
you know.

>> 2. helping OFLB members join existing packaging teams so they can
>> get
>> their font in-distro quickly if they wish to
>
> That is good. Could you document some of these on our wiki?

I'm effectively maintaining this one
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Fonts

I'd rather focus on having this bit complete than digging in yet
another wiki. Can someone reference it?

--
Nicolas Mailhot