[Openfontlibrary] ccHost compression

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sun Nov 2 11:11:46 PST 2008

2008/11/2 Ed Trager <ed.trager at gmail.com>:
> One can always change a file name extension to something else, so
> testing against the file extension is probably not useful.

I suppose the "Report possible License violation" feature could be
duplicated/extended to "Report possible malicious file" so a simple
machine filter like file extensions would have a social safety net.

> The *nix "file" command reads the file
> headers and determines file type based on the pattern of bytes in the
> headers of files -- that is the most reliable way to do it.

Well, in the supposed "upload zip, uncompress zip, if other files
added, compress all the files into a new zip" process, running the
"file" command on the files to check their type matches their file
extension at the "uncompress zip" and "files added" stages would be
great.

Brendan, what do you think? :-)