[OpenFontLibrary] openfontlibrary.fontly.org/patrons

Fontfreedom at aol.com Fontfreedom at aol.com
Sun Nov 30 10:46:45 PST 2008

>>> 2008/11/30  <Fontfreedom>
>>> _http://openfontlibrary.fontly.org/patrons_
(http://openfontlibrary.fontly.org/patrons)

>>>  At the top, under Remixes, the word "typefaces" is written on top of  the
>>> words "branch and merge".
>>> (Not super easy to  read...)
>>>
>>>Can you post a  screenshot?
>>
>>here:
>>
>>_http://www.openfontlibrary.com/patron_page.png_
(http://www.openfontlibrary.com/patron_page.png)

> From: <Dave Crossland>
> Thanks - what browser and OS and screen resolution is  this?
>
>> MSIE 7.05730.11, Windows XP SP3, 1280x1024 32bit  color
>>
>>FF
>
>From: <Dave Crossland>
>

>There are lots of problems with MSIE.
>
>Use  Firefox.

Making the new site work with MSIE is a must-do. MSIE is an important and
popular browser, esp. if you hope the site will look professional to a wide
audience. I use a number of browsers, including Firefox, Opera, MSIE and  Safari
when developing and testing web pages. According to: Macworld -- Nov 24,
2008, MSIE has a 81.36 percent market share. We can't just tell everyone to "Use
Firefox", and expect them to comply. (Though some sites do try.)

_http://www.macworld.com/article/137084/2008/11/safari.html_
(http://www.macworld.com/article/137084/2008/11/safari.html)

Excerpt:

Since February 2008, Safari increased its browser market share by 0.24
percent worldwide. That gives Safari a 2.42 percent worldwide market, putting it
in third place overall in the browser wars.

Apple follows Microsoft’s Internet Explorer with 81.36 percent market share
and Mozilla/Firefox with 14.67 percent market share. Behind Apple in fourth
place is Opera (0.55 percent), Google Chrome (0.55 percent) and Netscape (0.32
percent).
AOL.com.