[Openfontlibrary] Font formats accepted by OFLB

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Oct 24 14:43:06 PDT 2008

    But I agree with you that the older Postscript containers are not
    needed since OTF can contain Postscript outlines, right?

Technically, sure, but pfb files are still very useful and widely used
-- in the TeX world, at least.  Is anything substantial gained by
disallowing them?  Actually, I don't see what's gained by disallowing
anything.  And, as mentioned, people are really uploading zips anyway,
right?

Anyway, I haven't seen pfa files used in umpteen years, so if you'd like
to have a token format to drop, I suggest that one.

karl