[Openfontlibrary] openfontlibrary.com now pointing to openfontlibrary.org

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Thu Oct 30 15:39:08 PDT 2008

2008/10/30  <Fontfreedom at aol.com>:

>>The best would be for you to update the DNS on them to be the same
>>Name Server:NS1.AUTH.OSUOSL.ORG
>>Name Server:NS2.AUTH.OSUOSL.ORG
>
> why in frame for the .com?
> It just works that way!...(assuming the .org site is working)
> I've had the .net one pointing to the osuosl domain servers for about a year
> now...

Could the .com work the same as the .net? :-)

> Still, only the wiki works with that domain, all other urls on the site are
> hard coded to .org.

Ah, I'll file a ticket at OSUOSL to get that fixed :-)

> (so it won't help much if for example a situation occurs like last year when
> someone hijacked the DNS on the .ORG)

I'm pretty sure that won't happen again :-)

> conservatorship? What do you mean by that?

I have plans to set up some kind of "Font Freedom Foundation" that
would be able to take donations in a tax deductable way and would
provide other services for font developers.

http://conservancy.softwarefreedom.org/