[OpenFontLibrary] OFL problems, IPA License annoyances

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue Apr 7 02:01:37 PDT 2009

2009/4/7 Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net>:

> Also, even if the OFL was perfected, the FSF has sufficient moral
> clout that we need a GPL-ish FSF-endorsed font license, because many
> people will just refuse to use anything else.

I argue we need such a license since the OFL is a weak copyleft (since
it doesn't require full sources be made available to users) and a
strong copyleft font license is an essential part of a full range of
libre licenses; I'm not sure "cult of rms" will convince anyone to pay
for lawyers to approve such a license :-)