[OpenFontLibrary] commercial foundries the licensing boils down to "pay me"

Fontfreedom at aol.com Fontfreedom at aol.com
Wed Jun 3 10:43:53 PDT 2009

>For commercial foundries the licensing boils down to "pay me" and  thus
>licensing compliance is de facto checked at the credit card  stage.
>They're not a good model for fonts with non-monetary  licensing
>clauses.

Actually, it's often worse than just "pay me". Even once you've paid, would
 that commercial license allow you to create a derivative font for your own
 specialized needs or desires, even if only used internally? Probably not.

FF
**************Shop Inspiron, Studio and XPS Laptops at Dell.com
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222616459x1201464730/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.d
oubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215218145%3B37264238%3Bd)