[OpenFontLibrary] Some progress!

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon Apr 5 15:54:42 PDT 2010

Hi,

Okay, the integration of the GCFP and the OFLB-custom ccHost code
needs more work to get running, because the HTML theme expects GCFP to
have made some PNG preview images when a TTF is uploaded, and the
images are not being made. I expect this is a permissions issue on the
server.

It means the image URLs like
http://openfontlibrary.org/content/admin/2//PT%20Sans%20Caption_1.png
are 404ing, and they don't appear in, eg,
http://testvm.openfontlibrary.org/files although the Wovoka image I
placed by hand does appear, so you can see what it ought to be like
shortly.

And, alas, when its clicked to bring up the GCFP interactive DIV, the
interactive typesetter doesn't work there, no on the family homepages
like

http://openfontlibrary.org/files/admin/1

Which is strange since the GCFP functions fine at
http://testvm.openfontlibrary.org/gcfp/ with the same font... instead
the Unicode Fallback Font is used, so GCFP is functioning, but
FontConfig isn't playing ball some how.

Its 00:50 now so I retire for tonight, and I'll be offline for 2 days,
but then I'll get back to it! :-)

@font-face rendering works fine though, so perhaps the best thing will
be to rework the HTML theme so PCFP isn't used, and push onwards with
@font-face.

There are a few other image URLs that are broken, but uploading and
file listing appears to bob along without error.

Cheers