[OpenFontLibrary] A preview of the fonts on OFL (includes a backup of nearly all fonts and a way to download them)

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Feb 13 15:00:57 PST 2010

Cool, but I totally support efforts like Iwan's to push through our
blockages...In fact, I hope we can support these efforts more on our site(s)
too.

Nicholas, do we have a package of our fonts?

I have software which can do the packaging and we can put into a cronjob.
Anyone interested in this?

Jon

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Nicolas Spalinger <
nicolas_spalinger at sil.org> wrote:

> [...]
>
> > I also wonder, what are the chances of adding a tool into OFL to create
> > previews of all font files and then adding the previews to the browse
> > and font pages?
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Iwan
>
> Thanks for your efforts in providing previews.
>
> The tools which Ed Trager has worked on for the OFLB
> (pango-cairo-font-playground) provide support for generating previews
> beyond what "convert" from imagemagick currently allows us to do.
> Should allow us to get rid of the questions marks and empty boxes... :-)
>
> So integrated previewing is underway and will be available on the live
> site hopefully soon.
>
> BTW, OFL is the license and OFLB is the library :-)
>

> People who are yet not aware of it may also be interested by the review
> we run weekly for all the fonts in Debian: various metadata fields and
> to-be-improved previewing too:  http://pkg-fonts.alioth.debian.org/review/
>
> Cheers,
>

> --
> Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
> Debian/Ubuntu font teams / OpenFontLibrary
> http://planet.open-fonts.org

http://rejon.org/
http://fabricatorz.com/
internet: @rejon + skype: kidproto
+1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
+86.134.3957.2035 (china)
Sent from San Francisco, CA, United States