[OpenFontLibrary] A preview of the fonts on OFL (includes a backup of nearly all fonts and a way to download them)

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Feb 13 18:03:27 PST 2010

svn checkout https://svn.openclipart.org/public/openclipart/packager/trunk
packager

But, that is configured for clipart currently. Bonus points if someone
wants to genericize the package to work for fonts to at OFLB. Its
architected pretty general and can just take in the big folder and
package everything up into RPMs, DEBs, ZIPfiles, etc...so could do a
release every month!

Also, would anyone want to take on this task to help do monthly
release of the fonts?

Setting up a cronjob is a nice way to keep it always happening, and
save like the last 30 days of files at a time in the package, then
just take the 1st of the month and make a new package!

For those who don't have access yet and want to contribute:

http://openclipart.org/wiki/Developer_Management#New_Developers

Cool!

Jon

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
> Where can we downloadthat software?
>
> On 13 Feb 2010, 11:01 PM, "Jon Phillips" <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
>
> Cool, but I totally support efforts like Iwan's to push through our
> blockages...In fact, I hope we can support these efforts more on our site(s)
> too.
> Nicholas, do we have a package of our fonts?
> I have software which can do the packaging and we can put into a cronjob.
> Anyone interested in this?
> Jon
>
> On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Nicolas Spalinger
> <nicolas_spalinger at sil.org> wrote: > > [...] > >...
>
> -- Jon Phillips http://rejon.org/ http://fabricatorz.com/ internet: @rejon +
> skype: kidproto +1.415...

http://rejon.org/
http://fabricatorz.com/
internet: @rejon + skype: kidproto
+1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
+86.134.3957.2035 (china)
Sent from San Francisco, CA, United States