[OpenFontLibrary] A preview of the fonts on OFL (includes a backup of nearly all fonts and a way to download them)

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Sun Feb 14 12:27:18 PST 2010

> Also, would anyone want to take on this task to help do monthly
> release of the fonts?
>
> Setting up a cronjob is a nice way to keep it always happening, and
> save like the last 30 days of files at a time in the package, then
> just take the 1st of the month and make a new package!

I hate to rain on this parade but seriously, I don't think this is such
a good idea at all!

I doubt your automatically produced deb or rpm is up to the standards to
become part of a distro archive. It will create problems with existing
open font packages and duplication pains. Not cool.

Also the OFLB shouldn't be doing big releases of a big pile of very
different things, each font is released separately by their author on
the OFLB, we should respect that.

I recommend focusing on the remaining integration tasks and the font audit.

Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
Debian/Ubuntu font teams / OpenFontLibrary
http://planet.open-fonts.org