[OpenFontLibrary] A preview of the fonts on OFL (includes a backup of nearly all fonts and a way to download them)

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Feb 15 09:20:18 PST 2010

Le dimanche 14 février 2010 à 21:27 +0100, Nicolas Spalinger a écrit :

> I doubt your automatically produced deb or rpm is up to the standards to
> become part of a distro archive. It will create problems with existing
> open font packages and duplication pains. Not cool.

Given perfect fonts (with proper naming, versionning, description &
licensing info in the metadata) I don't think it would be that difficult
to auto-generate rpms that comply with fedora packaging standards.

Unfortunately, real-world fonts are far from perfect and require a human
to painstakingly cross-check and correct those elements before
packaging.

--
Nicolas Mailhot