[OpenFontLibrary] Tying wiki and library identities

Paul Flo Williams paul at frixxon.co.uk
Sun Jan 10 07:46:18 PST 2010

Are there plans to tie identities between the wiki and the library itself?
I ask because the wiki is getting a lot of spam from people who are
clearly registering with the sole intention of posting links to "get a
hooky degree" sites.

I was thinking that it might be an idea to stop spam by only approving
accounts for the wiki when someone has either uploaded a font or at least
introduced themselves on the mailing list.

(Actually, at this stage I'd be tempted to grab a backup of the pages and
start afresh with a new version of MediaWiki and clean user list.)