[OpenFontLibrary] Tying wiki and library identities

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Jan 10 12:22:04 PST 2010

Paul, what's your username. I can give you admin access to help defeat
spamming.

I think at this point, we just want to get the site done to be honest and
possibly install more filters if necessary on the wiki.

Cheers

Jon

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 7:46 AM, Paul Flo Williams <paul at frixxon.co.uk>wrote:

> Are there plans to tie identities between the wiki and the library itself?
> I ask because the wiki is getting a lot of spam from people who are
> clearly registering with the sole intention of posting links to "get a
> hooky degree" sites.
>
> I was thinking that it might be an idea to stop spam by only approving
> accounts for the wiki when someone has either uploaded a font or at least
> introduced themselves on the mailing list.
>
> (Actually, at this stage I'd be tempted to grab a backup of the pages and
> start afresh with a new version of MediaWiki and clean user list.)

http://rejon.org/
http://fabricatorz.com/
+1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
+86.134.3957.2035 (china)
Sent from San Francisco, CA, United States