[OpenFontLibrary] workflow hints

Schrijver eric at authoritism.net
Mon Jun 14 13:03:33 PDT 2010

Hi Alexandre,

IIRC Nicolas doesn’t recommend a specific workflow,
rather, this template seeks to accommodate the various workflows people might have.

Generally, you won’t want to work on the UFO files directly, but you interface through an editor which can read and write UFO, like fontforge or the proprietary alternative.

I guess internally fontforge then creates a fontforge project, but that doesn’t really matter. The UFO is what you put into versioning, and what other tools speak to.

To get stuff in and out of the UFO fontforge scripting should work really well; Dave posted a 4 line script to generate ttf’s; and you could for example write a script that imports svg’s.

We made some documentation on this on the wiki, but that’s offline…
**poke Dave** (sorry man, I know you work hard!)

Eric

ps to programmatically manipulate ufo there is also the robofab python library

How’s the wiki going Dave?

Op 14 jun 2010, om 21:08 heeft Alexandre Prokoudine het volgende geschreven: