[OpenFontLibrary] Recent non-font content on OFLB

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Wed Mar 10 13:24:58 PST 2010

[...]

> I can't but agree with you on the chronic deficiency of good,
> typographically aware free software, apart from the 30 years old TeX,
> in fact the only way to utilize goodies of OpenType fonts is by using
> some variant of TeX (LuaTeX is my preferred). The free "DTP" application
> can't even do simple things like standard ligatures!

What about your experiments hooking up XeTex with Scribus?

A more recent experiment is described here and points back to your work:
http://www.gastarbeiter.se/post/2010/02/22/scribus-xetex-opentype
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=8136
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=8876

> Regards,
>  Khaled

Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
Debian/Ubuntu font teams / OpenFontLibrary
http://planet.open-fonts.org