[OpenFontLibrary] [GFD] Treatment of the OFL in the wild

Nathan Willis nwillis at glyphography.com
Thu Jun 6 13:05:30 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> On 6 June 2013 15:52, Nathan Willis <nwillis at glyphography.com> wrote:
> > Kind of wonder why it doesn't....
>
> Feature creep is bad, users want less features, options and
> preferences by default; that's what extension are for.

Sorry I was going to reply earlier but Firefox Sync and WebRTC kept
interrupting me.

In all seriousness, support for webfonts itself is feature-creep; at least
defensibly so.  I would put this squarely in the category of building the
right UI for the feature you've already decided to support (@font-face).
It wouldn't hurt things to group webfonts with the image, sound, and video
elements in the "Media" tab either; my real concern is just that they
aren't exposed at all, not that they don't have a tab all of their own.

Nate
--
nathan.p.willis
nwillis at glyphography.com