[Openicc] Concept for color management with LINUX

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Tue Dec 9 22:38:00 EST 2003

Hi group

I´m working as an color management consultant mainly in the field of
graphic arts and industrial clients.

I´m not a programmer, but I try understand the technologogy as deep as
possible. Normaly, I´m working with MacOS X, but I´m looking whats going
on in the Open Source scene.

Comparing the project http://www.littleCMS.com with some high-end CMM
from vendors like Kodak, Apple, Heidelberg etc. shows me, that there is
a Open Source CMM available, which is on the same level, like the big
players.

So the next step would be, to integrate color management at the system
level comparable to Aqua and ColorSync under MacOS X.

For me the best place seems to be GTK+

As a non-programmer, I made a first small concept, how this could be done.

Is the freedesktaop-Wiki a good place for such ideas ?

:-) Jan-Peter

--

colormanagement.de ---------- fon/fax +49 30 611 075 18
Jan-Peter Homann ------------- mobile +49 171 54 70 358