[Openicc] Re: [argyllcms] Seeking Generic CMYK Profile

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Tue Aug 2 22:16:40 EST 2005

Hello Gerhard, hello List
As I understand the documentation of Argyllcms, the -k options are only
depending from the lightness of an color and not from the saturation

graeme, is this interpretation right ?

For a first version, I would try
-kr
(selects a linear locus ramp, starting at minimum black for highlight,
and maximum black for shadow (equivalent to -kp 0 0 1 1 1)
-I 340
-L 99
-s photogamut.icc (this profile has a gamut very similar to the ICC
reference-medium gamut. See also http://www.photogamut.org

If you would calculate a profile based on FOGRA27 charecterization-data,
I would make some comparisons to ISOcoated.icc from ECI and
EuropeISOcoatedFOGRA27.icc from Adobe

:-) Jan-Peter

homann colormanagement ------ fon/fax +49 30 611 075 18
Jan-Peter Homann ------------- mobile +49 171 54 70 358