[OpenICC] colour palettes/lists

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Fri Sep 16 00:35:10 EST 2005

> By the way, are there any people in the list, who are interested to
> build a creative commons system for spotcolors in LINUC graphic arts
> applications ?

There are quite a few that are interested in developing a new system.

> I will give a short overview, how this could be made:
> If you are talking with ink-manufactures or ink-distributors, you can
> order special Inks for e.g. offsetprinting by a Lab-specification.
> So, instead of ordering Pantone XYZ, you order a color with Lab ABC

If you can find a printshop that will do that. For the most part, our users
are begging for Pantone support. Scribus 1.3.1cvs can handle spot colours,
and seems to send what it needs into the files for, eg the various Adobe apps
to recognise a commercial colour system's colour by name.

Craig