[OpenICC] Oyranos APIs update

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Sep 29 05:55:33 EST 2005

Am 28.09.05, 13:01 -0600 schrieb Chris Murphy:

> On Sep 28, 2005, at 11:12 AM, Lars Borg wrote:
>
> > In general, I agree. However, the industry also needs XYZ profiles with
> > gamma other than 1. For example, the Digital Cinema Distribution master
> > color space uses XYZ primaries with gamma 2.6.
>
> OK if people are going to do things like this with their formats, then they
> need to support embedded profiles. It's insanity for them to expect people to
> manually associate an image gamma 2.6 based XYZ profile to their images.

Tagging is nice for single images, like for single stills, but a waste for
thousand of images. As well heterogenous colour management will allways
be. There are reasons not to use ICC style CM, even if we wish here to do
our best to support it.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management