[Openicc] Announce: Scribus 1.3.2 - Egalité - Open Source Page Layout

PLinnell mrdocs at scribus.info
Mon Jan 23 02:29:48 PST 2006

The Scribus Team Announces 1.3.2 - Egalité

The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus 1.3.2 -
Egalité - Open Source Page Layout. The 1.3.2 release is the third
development version working towards a new stable 1.4.

With 1.3.2, we are excited to announce the first beta of Scribus on
the Windows® platform. With the gracious support of Trolltech AS,
developer of the Qt C++ application framework, we are able to release
Scribus on Windows with Qt 3.

Within this release period:

* We welcomed another member to the team, Jean Ghali, who performed
  the Windows migration and developed the printing system for Windows.
* We resolved over 290 requests and/or bugs which included:
* Made significant progress in cleaning and restructuring the codebase
which has lead to speed improvements, clearer code and opened the way
forward for future 1.3.x development.
* Preparation for the new modular file load and save system.
* EXIF support
* Enhancements to TIFF and PSD file format support
* Image Effects - Tinting, Sharpening and more can be applied directly
within Scribus.
* Better cursor placement in text frames
* Section based page numbering
* Enhancements to the colour wheel and shortwords plugins
* Enhancements to guide management
* PDF export with viewer export options
* Updates for both Windows and Mac OS® X compatibility
* Significant updates to documentation, including the beginning of
1.3.x documentation.
* Translation updates

About Scribus

Scribus is an open source page layout program with the aim of
producing conformant commercial grade output in PDF and Postscript.,
along with extensive support for graphical PDF form and PDF
presentations.

While the goals of the program are ease of use and simple easy to
understand tools, Scribus offers support for professional publishing
features, such as CMYK colors, easy PDF creation and Encapsulated
Postscript import/export. Other professional features include full ICC
color management, spot colors and creation of color separations.

Scribus is commercially supported and is available for Linux/*nix/BSD,
along with MacOSX(R) and Windows(R). Scribus is used around the world
for newspaper production, book publishing and a wide variety of page
layout tasks.

Getting Scribus 1.3.2:

You can:

* Download source tarballs and document templates and some rpms from
our Sourceforge Download page:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=125235

* Visit the downloads page on www.scribus.org.uk for the same.

* Download from our Scribus Docs mirror. http://docs.scribus.net

* For Debian and Ubuntu repositories, visit Scribus Debian Repository.
http://debian.scribus.net

* For MacOSX installation notes and downloads: http://aqua.scribus.net

* For Windows installation notes and downloads:
http://windows.scribus.net

The Scribus Team would also like to thank Anduin.net/Øverby Consulting
 for gracefully sponsoring our Scribus Documentation site, our Bug
Tracker and Anonymous CVS server. Also, a note of thanks to
University of Salford - School of Media, Music and Performance for
providing continued hosting of www.scribus.net. Many thanks also to
our translators and many end users and testers for their valuable
feedback.