[Openicc] Using windows display profile under linux

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Fri Apr 7 13:40:18 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Actually, my friend didn't have a ColorVision Spyder2, but the ColorVision
ColorPlus package. This is a Spyder 1 with "easy" to use and totally
inflexible software. Its basically: Stick device to screen, select display
type and press next a few times....
According to the reviews I found on the net the Spyder 1 device is not very
good.

Well, after calibration I couldn't notice ANY difference between the
uncalibrated and the calibrated display, and the ColorPlus software even
offers a comparision mode where it is possible to switch the calibration on
and off.
Maybe my displays (FSC S-19 LCD) sRGB factory setting is halfway sensible,
and the entry level ColorPlus package just aims at removing terrible color
casts...

Given this, I wont make any further attempts with this device. Luckily I
didn't have to pay for lending it.

ciao
  Pablo