[Openicc] Open Source compatible AdobeRGB profile

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Thu Jul 6 19:37:27 PDT 2006

Sven Neumann wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 17:02 -0400, almccart at lexmark.com wrote
>>b. Provide for retrieval of standard profiles [actual std and defacto
>>std] to be used when content files
>>use the color space label approach. [e.g., profiles provided through
>>links on the ICC website: www.color.org]

> Who defines what a standard profile is and what label to use for it?

Last time I checked, this wasn't actually very useful in itself. If the
idea was like XML style sheets where you could embed a URL instead
of the actual file, and then know you could download the ICC profile
from a standard location, then it might be useful in some situations.

The information on the ICC website however is a (human readable)
list of identification information for each profile, that includes
vendors names, contact details etc. so that you can then contacted
them manually and profiles obtained/purchased from them.
See <http://www.color.org/JC200103.html> for an example entry.
It's nice to have this information in one location, but it's not
an automatable process.