[Openicc] Open Source compatible AdobeRGB profile

Alastair M. Robinson blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk
Fri Jul 7 06:26:33 PDT 2006

Hi,

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> So you did not get the point. What I suggest is to create a own profile,
> compatibleWithAdobeRGB.icc, from the above by Adobe published spec. If
> Graeme is more quick, than take these. compatibleWithAdobeRGB.icc will be
> includeed in the Oyranos profile collection package to make it available
> at /usr/share/color/icc on linux systems.

According to this page:
http://www.brucelindbloom.com/index.html?WorkingSpaceInfo.html

The only difference between AdobeRGB and sRGB is the coordinates of the
green primary.

If that's true, then creating the new compatibleWithAdobeRGB.icc is
trivial - LittleCMS has support for synthesizing RGB profiles given
transfer curves, white point and primaries.

Does anyone happen to know whether AdobeRGB uses true gamma curves, or
the same modified gamma curves that sRGB uses?

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson