Monitor color calibration / profie (Was: Re: [Openicc] google SoC starts)

Hubert Figuiere hfiguiere at teaser.fr
Sat Feb 17 21:43:26 PST 2007

Lars Borg wrote:
> Well, technically that wouldn't require a separate CMM.
> Adobe Reader on Linux already includes color management for document to
> RGB  conversions.
> Sadly, it doesn't know from where to get the monitor profile.
> Is there still no single standard for how to get it on Linux?

Touché.
The Gnome wiki has a few bits of a spec to do that:
 http://live.gnome.org/ColourManagement
Linking to:
 http://burtonini.com/computing/x-icc-profiles-spec-0.1.html
I think we should go forward and make a real proposal around this
specification/idea and have it approved/implemented by the various
Desktop and blessed by Xorg.
I see some known names on the above spec.

There are still issues about what can be used to calibrate the screen
under Linux. Maybe people here know more, I haven't really dug into the
solution. (I'm talking about Linux supported hardware)

Hub