[Openicc] measurement device API

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Mar 16 05:22:40 PDT 2007

Gerard and Yan,

Am 16.03.07, 11:34 +0100 schrieb Gerard Klaver:

> I bought recently a Colorvision Spyder2express, some win tests done,
> Yan Ke ( http://www.yan-ke.com/spyder/ )  is working on a driver.

Great.

> Reason for this email is that a large part of the device interface i
> expect can be handeled by the SANE backend api. Using this can speed up
> development for color meters a lot.

Clever idea.
Could sprectral values (usually +-32 bands) be handled too, along with
additional device specific data and instructions? Possibly like scanner
settings? This would make print target measurements possible and could
form a general path.
The only downside I see now is portability.

> The frontend programs like LPROF, ARGYLL using the SANE API are then
> able to get the data from the color meters.
> (each different color on screen is a scan for the color meter).

development for color management
www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org + www.cinepaint.org