[Openicc] seeking for advice on rendering intent and black point compensation

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Oct 3 22:02:17 PDT 2007

Am 03.10.07, 17:03 +0100 schrieb Alastair M. Robinson:

> Here I disagree with the consensus so far - conversion from an embedded
> profile to the working space, and conversion from the working space to
> the display profile are two separate operations, and their settings
> shouldn't be tied too closely.

Just to clearify, the consensus was to not to establish a different
default rendering for a
entrance image space -> editing space  in opposite to a
editing space -> display space
conversion in a preference dialog.
Both conversions should start from the same default rendering intent,
independent from the question whether a applications provides further
choices or not.

www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org + www.cinepaint.org