[Openicc] ICC Profiles In X Specification

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Sat Oct 6 00:49:17 PDT 2007

Am 05.10.07, 18:23 -0700 schrieb Jon A. Cruz:
> On Oct 5, 2007, at 1:09 PM, Sven Neumann wrote:
>
> >Now since ICC_PROFILE is set, I can't tell whether the system
> >supports revision 0.2 of the spec and wants no correction for this
> >monitor or if it only implements revision 0.1 and _ICC_PROFILE should be
> >applied to both monitors.
>
> Terminology might trip up a bit of my other response, but the key thing I was
> trying to point out is that it seems easy to answer the question of the system
> supporting version 0.1 or version 0.2.

Not at all. In 0.2 Xinerama screens and so on start counting with zero.
Strickly speaking, for a dual head configuration is no need for a
_ICC_PROFILE_1 (second monitor) atom if only _ICC_PROFILE (first
monitor) is set. So the distinguishing fails.
Of course all monitors need to be characterised and profiled for a proper
setup.

Informations to the specification are collected here:
http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Oyranos_X11_Requirements
The example there covers just the EDID atoms. The same counting logic is
used in the ICC Profiles in X Specification 0.2 for the _ICC_PROFILE(_x)
atoms.

www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org + www.cinepaint.org