[Openicc] ColorVision Open Source Policy

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 04:43:26 PST 2007

On Nov 15, 2007 3:33 PM, edmund ronald wrote:
> Never met a photographer using Linux, yet. Those guys must be really dumb, huh ?
>
>  What Apple has managed to do is supply the *nix community with a *nix
> laptop where the sound card and video actually works (Xf86Config,
> anyone ?), which can hibernate without trashing the file system, with
> a system engineer in Cupertino doing the essential updates for you,
> and with software that actually does what you want *before* you
> finally locate the ".config" file. Oh, and yes, it can read the common
> media formats without going through conniptions.

Can I ask just few questions, please? Just to make sure we are talking
about same things

- What's a Xf86Config?
- Is hibernate the thing that makes my Ubuntu 7.10 laptop sleep and
then wake up when I need it?
- Are updates the packages that my Linux system automatically fetches
once they are available?

And while we are at it, since when has openicc list become a Slashdot
subdivision?

Alexandre