[Openicc] A directory for color profiles

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Dec 19 04:35:32 PST 2007

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Am 19.12.07, 17:48 +0900 schrieb Craig Ringer:
>
>> I'll resurrect this discussion again to add one more piece of information:

>> It definitely does - it has an OS-wide search path that can be added to
>> by applications. For example, Adobe apps add:
>> 	/Library/Application Settings/Adobe/Color/Profiles
>> to the search path, permitting all apps on the system to see the
>> profiles installed by Adobe apps.
>
> Can you point to documentation for such a variable or API?

Not as such. I've tracked down how it's finding the profiles in the
custom locations. It's just looking up mac aliases (_not_ symlinks) that
point to the Adobe directories that've been placed in
/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/ .

So, while it is indeed a system-wide way to add new directories full of
colour profiles, it's not as such a search path.

My bad.

--
Craig Ringer