[Openicc] Fwd: linearisation targets, Argyll, G7

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Sat Jan 26 19:10:59 PST 2008

edmund ronald wrote:
> Modelling is clearly an option; I simply thought measuring is faster.
> The reason I would recommend an interactive tool is that curves speak
> wonderfully to the eye - I've seen bugs in measurement appear with
> spectacular clarity on the curves :)

Graphical display can certainly illustrate what's going on
better than anything else, but creating an interactive
application is far more complex than a batch process,
and a manual tool also requires a good deal more skill
(and is therefore harder to use and easier to get wrong),
so the dumber and more foolproof the whole process is
while still maintaining necessary flexibility,
the better in my opinion.