[Openicc] KDE CMS [was: List Scope]

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Tue Jan 29 03:54:50 PST 2008

Am 29.01.08, 12:03 +0100 schrieb Cyrille Berger:

> On Tuesday 29 January 2008, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> > Until spring I hope to have the Oyranos settings turned in a object style.
> > The current function set seemed a bit static to me.
> That would be great, one comment about the API documentation ( the one at
> http://www.oyranos.org/doc/html/index.html ), it's lacking exemples (or I
> have missed them), it's something that is often forgotten when writting API
> dox.

For each function or more like an example. The later is covered by the
test files included in Oyranos.

> > I continue with the concept to require a implementation of a
> > native widget set according to the Oyranos abstract widget set and some
> > abstract layout requirements to render the Oyranos settings.
> I am not convinced by that idea. Here, on the KDE/Qt side, the prefferred way
> to build dialog is ui files generated by QtDesigner, the main reason is that
> is easier to create and maintain, and for instance don't even require coding
> knowledge to fix issues in the dialog.

The upside is KDE would get flexible dialogs.
After all, I a bit surprised to imagine a configuration system like
kcontrol and no abstraction from widgets. Or does the automation happen
inside the moc files?

The problem is like with some fancy modules. The user shall set something
in a dialog for it, options for various screensavers.
As this option is not always usefull it is provided by API.
Now I would hope the kcontrol GUI to display that stuff, of course
with some name or a small logo to understand where it comes from.

But probably there are very static parts like the Oyranos policies, which
might get a kcontrol page. It is just a choice.
The lots of other settings can be placed into a own dialog window or an
external (Qt?) app?