[Openicc] List Scope

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jan 29 04:28:41 PST 2008

   From: Cyrille Berger <cberger at cberger.net>
   Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:19:22 +0100

   It's not quiet true that people from KDE (or Gnome) are not present
   on the list. While it is correct that the prime reason for me (or
   other Krita developers) to be present on the list is for color
   management in Krita, we can clearly act as a contact point with the
   rest of KDE. That said, I completely agrees with Bob Friesenhahn,
   the discution here are too technical, I am a completely n00b on
   color managements, and I must admit that most of the time I feel
   lost and just click on "mark all as read".

My own take is that if the discussion *isn't* technical and focused,
we're just going to spin our wheels without getting anywhere.
Standards in the absence of strong technical support aren't of much
use.  We're actually working out what's needed to properly do color
management at the printing level.

I'm no expert on color management either, if that helps.  What I at
least want to accomplish is to determine what's needed to support
color management at the printer driver level, and then figure out how
we get to a color managed printing stack.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton