[Openicc] KDE CMS

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Jan 30 02:44:05 PST 2008

On Wednesday 30 January 2008, you wrote:
> > > For instance the proofing profile can appear in the "Default Profile"
> > > section or in the "Proofing Settings". User would expect this to be
> > > consitent across GUI's.
> >
> > I am very very skeptical about this. This go against what I can have read
> > about usability, items shouldn't jump of sections.
>
> ... and it can easily happen if different configuration tools expose the
> settings in different groups. This comes not from Oyranos. Oyranos
> provides the layout logic to avoid such happenings.
Well it seems to me that if there is no reason for it to be dynamic, we just
have to agree here on the layout, and it's like a 5 minutes job to change the
layout in an UI file using QtDesigner compares to the amount of work needed
to write dialog directly in C++ and to maintain it.

--
Cyrille Berger