[Openicc] Cairo CM - delay?

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Apr 16 05:07:20 PDT 2008

The Cairo project has suggested a colour management project within GSoC.
Fortunedly a student proposed. Given the yet fuzzy state of information
the student was not capable to come with a well shaped and detailed
suggestion.

Now Carl Worth suggested to delay the project. My concern is,that the
discussion at LGM will be too late for the current GSoC evaluation
process. No Cairo developer seems present here on this list. If the
project gets rejected we easily loose one year for implementing CM in
Cairo.

So my call to the experts is, to setup, edit and comment a page at the
OpenICC wiki to outline at least the CM requirements regarding Cairo.
A comparision of options and resulting consquences would be helpful to
make possible decissions plastic.
Many things are already present here on list, still it is somewhat
difficult for an CM outsider to get a one click overview about the topic.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/OpenIcc/Cairo