[Openicc] Proposed "ucmm" display profile configuration convention used by ArgyllCMS.

Stefan Döhla color at doehla.de
Mon Jun 2 04:43:58 PDT 2008

Hi Graeme,

good to hear that there's some momentum for a Linux CMM. But I'm
curious: What's the reason for another format (JSON) instead of XML or a
simple INI file? XML is much more readable and there's a gazillion
libraries for creating/parsing/modifying XML documents. And as a side
note - by defining an XML schema there are even further possibilities
(like e.g. automatic validity checking, full element documentation
inside the schema, strict element types, ...). A schema is sufficient as
documentation/specification for the file format (certainly, only if it
includes the semantics of the fields).

Cheers
- Stefan