[Openicc] [Gimp-print-devel] Looking ahead to 5.3

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 15:30:01 PDT 2008

I don't think Gutenprint itself should offer ANY embedded color management.

However, I believe Gutenprint should offer a good RGB photographer's
CM toolkit for using a spectro to
1. Help one linearize a printer for a given medium in order to get the
best gamut out of it.
2. Help one re-linearize a printer  the printer sample in line with a
known ideal sample that has been profiled.
3 Help one determine the ink curves
4 Provide a tool for printing profiling charts easily with no
sharpening or interpolation artefacts.
5 Provide standard one-click setting for printing color-managed images
in a profiled workflow, with the profile already applied.

Of course the members of these lists doubtless have better suggestions.

Edmund