[Openicc] Announce : Oyranos Version 0.1.8

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Sun Nov 2 15:07:54 PST 2008

Am 02.11.08, 13:10 -0800 schrieb Hal V. Engel:

> feed back.   In addition it provides all of the functionality of oyranos-
> config-fltk plus monitor configuration so this is a more complete GUI than
> oyranos-config-fltk.

Hope oyranos-config-fltk will come to the same level :-)

> enough along to be included in a real world project.  It would be really great
> if we could get this years CM Near X project into good enough shape to get it
> accepted by the compitz project and maybe someone here has some ideas about
> how to go about that.

After getting with the CMM stuff farther, I'd like to touch the compiz
code and the specification from Tomas.
Currently I work on some XFORMs and options stuff to complete the
rewrite of the first CMM backend prototype. The Oyranos colour transform
API should at some point cover setting of profiles to regions in Xorg.
Goal would be to have a software fallback for colour managed
applications. A functional CMM framework would be as well a motivation
to look at the tonemapping integration.

With the summer contributors all this goes much quicker than one could do.
It would be really cool to have this situation over the whole year ;-)