[Openicc] Announce : Oyranos Version 0.1.9

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 15:08:06 PST 2008

2008/12/11 Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> This sounds like an issue for the CinePaint lists since Kai-Uwe obviously
> expressed strong opinions that CinePaint should include Oyranos by default.
>
> Oyranos requires user assistance to be included in various popular Linux
> distributions so that there is no reason to not depend on it.

This is kind of controversial, because Cinepaint itself isn't
available in all distributions (the U one for instance).

Besides, in our distro only Cinepaint 0.22 is available, because no
newer source code is available. So if Robin finally listens to users
and releases newer (0.25) source code, this will be a good motivation
to ask distros to package Oyranos along with ICC Examin. I can surely
push Oyranos to our distro that way.

We do need Oyranos in as many distributions as possible to accelerate
adoption of this fine technlogy, and since KDE module isn't going to
be included into upstream before 4.3 as I was told, we need some
understanding from Cinepaint team. ICC Examin alone isn't enough, I'm
afraid.

Alexandre