[Openicc] ookala-mcf

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Dec 26 01:50:16 PST 2008

Am 25.12.08, 17:37 -0800 schrieb Hal V. Engel:
> On Thursday 25 December 2008 07:38:48 Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>> What do you guys know/think about
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ookala-mcf/ ?

> There is also a LUT plug in but the current code only supports a single
> monitor since it is currently hard coded to only use display 0 screen 0 even
> though the API has the ability to pass in the information needed to specify a
> display device.  It does not have XRandR LUT support.  It does have Windows
> and X11 code but no support for OS/X LUTs.

Do you write about grafic card LUTs or monitor side ones?
Given that the original intented displays are 10-bit it would be
interessting whether the grafic card or the display device supports a
higher bit depth to place the calibration curves.
Did you see facilities to upload other colorimetric informations into the
display, like primaries or even CLUT's? From the descriptions, the HP
DreamColor's should allow for at least matrix trasnformations inside the
display.

> I could not get the code to build on my machine and most of this appears to be
> because of castings issues between wxString, *char and std::string.  The
> number of places where this happens is extensive.  I suspect that the
> development work was done using a build of wxWidgets with unicode support
> turned off.

Hmm, but probably with a request, this can be solved to something more
portable by using macros?

> Since this came out of HP I wonder if Marti Maria knows anything about this?

Some time ago, around the anounement of the 10-bit HP displays, where
although rumors on the colorsync list about a open source project. I did
not knew the name. Thanks Alexandre for spotting and Hal for your nice
review.