[Openicc] net-color spec

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Apr 17 05:27:01 PDT 2009

Tomas,

there seems to remain three tasks for the net-color spec.

The _NET_COLOR_REGIONS atom is not yet described. I would like to add that
a existing XColorRegion without profile must not be colour managed.

An other atom, I would like to see included, is for server side colour
correction status checking like in my experimental compiz plug-in[1].

  _NET_COLOR_DESKTOP:
Is attached to to colour managed root window. It is a marker
containing the current getpid() of a service providing colour conversions
of the desktop except the region described in the _NET_COLOR_REGIONS. This
way a second desktop colour management service can be detected and
identified. A warning can be issued accordingly. The atom must be deleted
after finishing the desktop colour management service.
[2]

As well the Xcolor library should be packaged and your net-color spec[3]
be placed on say freedesktop.org. Best would be next to the _ICC_PROFILE
proposal as they are functionally closely related.
How can I get write access to the Xcolor project :-)

best regards

[1] http://www.behrmann.name/wind/oyranos/net-color_2009.04.15.html
[2] see examples/xcmsevents/xcmsevents.c and
         examples/colour_desktop/colour_desktop.c in
         git://www.oyranos.org/git/oyranos
[3] git://dbservice.com/Linux/compiz/color