[Openicc] net-color spec

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Sat Apr 18 10:01:28 PDT 2009

On Apr 17, 2009, at 2:27 PM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> As well the Xcolor library should be packaged and your net-color
> spec[3]
> be placed on say freedesktop.org. Best would be next to the
> _ICC_PROFILE
> proposal as they are functionally closely related.
> How can I get write access to the Xcolor project :-)

I was thinking about splitting the repository into two and make
libXcolor and the compiz plugin separate repositories. libXcolor would
probably be best hosted on freedesktop.org, because that's where all
the other X11 libraries and specs are. Compiz is (slowly) moving away
from fdo and towards their own infrastructure at compiz.org so the
compiz plugin should go there.
If splitting up the project like that is undesirable, then the next
best thing would probably be to put the project up on github.

One rather big problem I came across just now is the fact that compiz
is being rewritten in C++ (and to use cmake instead of autotools). Not
all code is ported yet and the work on that is progressing very
slowly, and I wasn't able to figure out how to compile the whole
compiz stack. I could install it using the package manager but right
now I'm reluctant to work on the plugin. I find the future of compiz
very uncertain given the current inactivity. But that's just my
opinion :)

Anyway, first we should sort out the hosting. Do you have any
preference?