[Openicc] [Gimp-print-devel] [Printing-architecture] Colour

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Sun Nov 15 13:20:10 PST 2009

On Nov 15, 2009, at 4:15 AM, edmund ronald wrote:
> us. And please, pretty please, leave us a workaround which will allow
> our old stuff to work - This is a case of retiring the space shuttle
> but not leaving the ISS astronauts stranded.

I don't think anyone is suggesting (certainly not me!) that there not be a way to do application color matching or profile target printing - clearly that is and will continue to be needed for printing "experts".

What I *am* suggesting is that support for it doesn't need to be in the CPD - so-called expert applications already provide their own print dialog (even on Mac OS X), and profiling applications will need their own as well, but Joe "Non-Expert" User printing from Non-Expert Application X doesn't need or understand advanced color options if things are done right.