[Openicc] [Gimp-print-devel] [Printing-architecture] Colour

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 14:07:48 PST 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2009, at 4:15 AM, edmund ronald wrote:

> us. And please, pretty please, leave us a workaround which will allow
> our old stuff to work - This is a case of retiring the space shuttle
> but not leaving the ISS astronauts stranded.
>
> I don't think anyone is suggesting (certainly not me!) that there not be a
> way to do application color matching or profile target printing - clearly
> that is and will continue to be needed for printing "experts".
> What I *am* suggesting is that support for it doesn't need to be in the CPD
> - so-called expert applications already provide their own print dialog (even
> on Mac OS X), and profiling applications will need their own as well, but
> Joe "Non-Expert" User printing from Non-Expert Application X doesn't need or
> understand advanced color options if things are done right.
> Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer

Then, please Michael, can you tell us how to get CS4 and Preview to
print untagged (targets etc) *reliably* on pro Epsons *today* ? Or
could you release a simple fix that would allow us to do that?
Many of us save print files for a given printer in untagged  -eg.I
save  composite images created to compare various gamut mappings-
directly to untagged, and print there.

Edmund