[Openicc] Project Idea

Gaurav Gupta gg.iitg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 08:34:24 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I am a final year undergraduate student doing my Bachelor of
Technology in Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Guwahati, India.

I am very interested to work on the project "CMM's for Oyranos". An
abstract of this project is following...

ICC profiles are generated for different devices such as Scanner,
Camera etc. by iccCreateCLUTInputProfile, a utility in Sample ICC that
will generate an ICC profile from the data for a 3D look-up table. The
SampleICC provides ways for parsing and manipulating ICC profiles.
Oyranos is a Colour Management System (CMS) on operating system (OS)
level. Color Management starts with a good monitor profile and ends
with a good target profile to proof the color accurately on the print.
The projects aims at developing a plugin that will allow the ICC
Profiles generated by Sample ICC to be used in Oyranos. Linking of
Sample ICC module to Oyranos through CMM's would be of vital
importance in building a unified tool that would work for entire
process i.e. from creating an ICC profile to creating a good target
profile.

Kindly give me suggestion and feedback on this.

Warm Regards,

Gaurav Gupta,