[Openicc] Project idea for Kwin colour correction plugin

sandeep kumar chaudhary skc.idea at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 10:59:17 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I am a final year undergraduate student at IIT Guwahati, India. I'm
interested in working on "Kwin colour correction plugin" project. Following
is the description of my approch to the project.

The Compiz colour correction plugin is very useful for instant colour
corrections including movies with minimal overhead. So it would be desirable
to have a similar functionality in Kwin. I propose to do it from scratch
because modules in Compiz are tightly coupled and are not easy to be used as
independent modules for Kwin. I would rather prefer to understand the
underlying algorithms in Compiz and implement it in Kwin keeping in mind the
existing modules and data-structures of Kwin.

Please give suggestions and feedback on this.

Regards,
Sandeep K. Chaudhary.